Comforting and easy to make, chicken bone broth is full of health benefits. Immune boosting, rich in minerals and healing compounds it will give you energy, heal your gut and make your bones stronger.
• 1 meaty chicken carcass or chicken bones
• 1 large onion, peeled and halved
• 2 carrots, peas and any other vegetables to taste
• 2 bay leaves
• A few whole black peppercorns
• Fresh parsley, chopped and separated
• Noodles or rice (optional)
This recipe is suitable for pressure cooking and conventional cooking. The times below are listed for cooking in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, but can be easily adjusted for any other pressure cooker.
Making bone broth is equally easy using conventional cooking, but it will take a little longer. Leave it to simmer for 60-90 minutes for best results.
1. Break the chicken carcass into large sections, add the onion, carrots, bay leaves and peppercorns into Instant Pot
2. Fill with cold water to cover the bones and vegetables.
3. Set to soup then manually adjust the time to 30 min.
4. Wait for the steam to release naturally
5. After the lid is unlocked, take out the ingredients
6. Season to taste
7. Strip off the chicken and return it with chopped carrots
8. Add chopped parsley and cooked noodles or rice (optional)