Perfect Sunday lunch every time in under an hour. The fall off the bone lemon, garlic and herbs infused chicken is simple, succulent and full of flavour.
I love Sunday roasts (who does not). We do not often get the time during the week to sit down together for dinner. This makes Sunday meals and the traditional Sunday roast even more special. The fall off the bone chicken with the sides offers something for everyone and is so versatile. Just change the rub and the accompaniments for a different flavour.
Over the years I have tried to achieve a perfectly infused chicken. I rubbed, I marinated, but I have never managed to get that beautiful herbal aroma beyond the skin. That was in my previous life before I bought my Instant Pot. The Instant Pot Whole Roast chicken comes out infused through and through. You can really taste the beautiful flavours of lemon, garlic and rosemary complementing each other. The chicken falls off the bone and is moist and succulent.
I always try and buy free range chicken. If you cannot get to your local butcher, do not worry. Instant Pot will make any meat taste delicious.
Do keep in mind that the Instant Pot chicken will not come out crispy. If you are a fan of crispy skin, allow 10 min of oven time in the end.
- 1 Medium Chicken
- 1 whole lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper
- Pierce the lemon with a sharp knife, microwave for 30sec to release the flavour
- Use a spoon or the flat side of the knife to crush the garlic cloves
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the whole lemon, crushed garlic cloves and rosemary
- Add some oil to the Instant Pot
- Seal the chicken on all sides
- Add 1 cup of water to cover the bottom of the pot
- Set to poultry, adjust the time to 30 min.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prepare the crushed potatoes
- Let the pressure release naturally at the end of the cycle
- Place the chicken in the oven for 10 min to crisp up the skin if desired