This salad is a treat for the eye. Vibrant orange mango and roasted red peppers are set off beautifully by the vibrant green mint and white feta. Mint adds a fresh and light taste, whilst cous cous makes the salad a filling accompaniment to any dish.
You can find a few versions of this salad on different foodie sites. I think it might have originated from the Quinoa, Mint and Mango Salad. Some versions use basil instead of mint, some omit red peppers and feta and replace cous cous with quinoa.
The recipe below is my favourite by far. I find cous cous and feta add character, roasted pepper complements the sweetness of mango and mint makes a lovely alternative to basil.
The salad looks very pretty and will add colour and variety to any meal. I find it makes a nice alternative to the usual side dishes, striking the right balance between healthy and filling. It is lighter than potatoes or rice and more substantial than the green leaf salads.
- 1 Medium Mango
- 150g Feta Cheese
- 2 Red, Orange or Yellow Sweet Peppers
- 200g Cooked Cous Cous
- Fresh Mint, roughly Chopped
- Roast the peppers in the oven for 20-25min until soft. Remove the seeds and slice roughly
- Cook cous cous according to the packed instructions
- Chop mango and feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Serve with meat or fish or on its own.