This recipe is perfect for those cold winter mornings when you fancy something sweet for breakfast. Simple ingredients, very little effort required and perfect result every time.
Moist and thick, oats and cottage cheese pancakes are not only delicious, they are also gluten free and rich in fiber and calcium. Serve with jam, fruit, berries or even chocolate or ice cream.
- • 1/2 cup of oats
- • 200g cottage cheese
- • 2 eggs
- • Pinch of baking powder
- • Splash of vanilla extract
- • Honey or sugar to taste
- • 2 tbsp of coconut yoghurt or crème fraiche
- • A few raspberries, fresh or defrosted
- • 2 peaches
- • Honey or agave nectar
1. Mix the oats, cottage cheese, eggs, add the baking powder, vanilla extract and honey or sugar.
2. The mixture should be moist and almost watery from the eggs and cottage cheese. If the cottage cheese is dry, add a splash of milk or kefir.
3. Leave the mixture for 20-30 min. The oats will soak up the liquid and will make the mixture soft and creamy.
4. Heat a large frying pan and oil lightly
5. Spoon the pancakes into the pan, cook for 1-2 min each side until golden.
6. Serve with coconut yoghurt, raspberries, peaches and drizzle with honey.