Comforting and filling, meatballs make a perfect dinner for the whole family. Serve with rice, spaghetti or mash or go for steamed vegetables if you are after a lighter option.
As much as I love cooking from scratch, when I get home in the evening I am starving and want an effort free dinner. I tried freezing meals, but somehow they just never taste the same. Convenience and speed of cooking was one of the reasons I bought the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. It gives me an option to just add all the ingredients, seal the lid and come back to it when I am ready. No burning, no spilling and no leaking.
This recipe is one of my One Pot Meals Instant Pot Recipes. Not much chopping and prepping involved. It takes just a few minutes to add all ingredients to the pot and let it do its magic. The recipe below uses supermarket bought ingredients, including meatballs. If you have the time to make the meatballs from scratch, it will only improve the taste.
- Frozen Chopped Onions
- 200g Small mushrooms sliced in half
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Meatballs
- Herbs to taste
- 200g Microwavable rice or mash such as Tilda
- Turn the Instant Pot on, select the Saute function
- Add some oil to the pot and saute the chopped onions until golden
- Add the meatballs and brown lightly for a few minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sliced mushrooms. Add water if the tomatoes do not cover the meatballs.
- Season to taste
- Press Cancel, then select Meat and change the time setting to 20min
- Close the lid. Once the programme is complete, release the pressure
- Add some fresh herbs (optional). Serve with rice or mash.