Colourful and full of flavour, rice and mince stuffed peppers are filling and healthy. Perfect for a mid-week dinner this easy to prepare dish is one of our family favourites.
- Turkey Mince – 350gr
- Cooked Rice – 250gr (we used Tilda Wholegrain Steamed Basmati)
- Sweet Peppers – 6
- Carrot – 1
- Onion – ½
- Passata or canned chopped tomatoes
- Crème fraiche
- Salt, pepper, fresh herbs to taste
This recipe is suitable for pressure cooking and conventional cooking. The times below are listed for cooking in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, but can be easily adjusted for any other pressure cooker or conventional cooking.
1. Mix rice and mince together with the finely chopped onions and grated carrots. Season to taste and add fresh parsley or dill (optional).
2. Cut off the top part of peppers and scoop out the seeds.
3. Spoon the rice and mince mixture into the peppers and stand them in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker pot
4. Mix passata with crème fraiche and pour it over the peppers.
5. Close the lid, select the “Rice” function, set for 20 min.
Note: There is no need to cover the peppers with the sauce, but do make sure there is enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pot. This recipe will work just as well in a normal pot, but will take about 45min to cook through.