Full of Asian flavours, this easy recipe makes a perfect midweek dinner. Why not make a generous portion and enjoy delicious teriyaki chicken wraps for lunch the following day
Fresh and crisp lime juice complements the subtle hints of ginger and teriyaki sauce beautifully. The marinade makes the chicken strips tender and full of flavour. It caramelises during cooking, giving the chicken a lovely sticky coating.
Teriyaki sauce is very easy to make and is not much more than a mix of soy sauce and honey or brown sugar. If you prefer you can buy a ready-made teriyaki sauce, Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade is a good one to rty. If you do, omit the soy sauce or honey and add less ginger.
Serve Teriyaki Chicken with rice and vegetable stir fry or wraps with guacamole and sour cream.
- 750g Chicken Breast cut into strips
- 150g soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3-4cm ginger root chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely crushed or finely chopped
- ½ lime
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Make the marinade by mixing the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic
- Squeeze the lime juice and add it to the marinade
- Mix the chicken with the teriyaki marinade in a bowl
- Leave to marinate for 15-20min
- Heat the frying pan until very hot, fry the chicken strips for a couple of minutes on each side
- Remove chicken strips from the pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds
- For sticky sauce: after the chicken is cooked, pour any leftover marinade to the pan. Mix cornstarch with water and dissolve. Add the cornstarch to the pan, stir until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce is too thick, add some more water.